Virgin Orbit’s first launch from the UK ended in failure, putting them in an even more precarious financial position. And on the other side of the North Pole, ABL’s first launch attempt ended in failure right on the launch pad in Alaska.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 43 executive producers—Simon, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian, Lars from Agile Space, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Fred, Hemant, Dawn Aerospace, Andrew, Harrison, Benjamin, SmallSpark Space Systems, Tyler, Steve, Theo and Violet, and seven anonymous—and 817 other supporters.
- First Virgin Orbit U.K. launch fails - SpaceNews
- Even before Monday’s launch failure, Virgin Orbit’s finances were dismal | Ars Technica
- First launch by ABL Space Systems fails shortly after liftoff – Spaceflight Now
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO on Twitter
- Follow @firstname.lastname@example.org on Mastodon
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by SpaceX