T+236: SpaceX Starshield, NSSL Phase 3
SpaceX rolled out Starshield, a new, Starlink-inspired (derived?) offering for national security space systems. And I have some thoughts on the upcoming National Security Space Launch Phase 3 contracting setup.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 42 executive producers—Simon, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian, Lars from Agile Space, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Fred, Hemant, Dawn Aerospace, Andrew, Harrison, Benjamin, SmallSpark Space Systems, Tyler, Steve, and seven anonymous—and 815 other supporters.
- SpaceX - Starshield
- SpaceX rolls out new business line focused on military satellite services - SpaceNews
- USA 320, ..., 323, 328, ..., 331 - Gunter's Space Page
- SpaceX launches Globalstar satellite on mysterious Falcon 9 mission - NASASpaceFlight.com
- Lockheed Martin, York Space to produce 20 satellites for Space Development Agency - SpaceNews
- SDA Awards Contracts for the First Generation of the Tracking Layer – Space Development Agency
- Space Development Agency Makes Awards for 28 Satellites to Build Tranche 1 Tracking Layer > U.S. Department of Defense > Release
- Draft solicitation for national security space launch services expected in early 2023 - SpaceNews
- Tory Bruno: DoD should ‘block buy’ heavy launch services as supply is tight - SpaceNews
- ABL, Astra, Relativity selected to compete for U.S. Space Force responsive launch contracts - SpaceNews
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by NASA