Caleb Henry of Quilty Analytics and I took a trip down to Wallops Island to watch Rocket Lab’s first Electron launch from the US. Listen to our conversation on the drive down to Virginia, a bit of me at the press site before launch, and the launch itself in wonderful stereo audio.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 43 executive producers—Simon, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian, Lars from Agile Space, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Fred, Hemant, Dawn Aerospace, Andrew, Harrison, Benjamin, SmallSpark Space Systems, Tyler, Steve, Theo and Violet, and seven anonymous—and 826 other supporters.
- Twitter thread of our trip
- Main Engine Cut Off, Spacey Space: “Pretty great day trip down to Wallops to see the Rocket Lab flight! Electron really has a kick, I was impressed. Beautiful and delicate second stage plume, too. A+++++ would do again.”
- Caleb Henry (@CHenry_QA) / Twitter
- Quilty Analytics (@QuiltyAnalytics) / Twitter
- Quilty Analytics
- Rocket Lab Debut Launch from LC-2 - 'Virginia Is For Launch Lovers' - YouTube
- Rocket Lab Successfully Launches First Electron Mission from U.S. Soil | Rocket Lab
- Rocket Lab launches first Electron from Virginia - SpaceNews
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Follow @email@example.com on Mastodon
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by SpaceX