ESA is looking to start a commercial cargo program while looking further ahead to commercial space stations by signing an agreement with Airbus and Voyager. Virgin Galactic is laying off 20% of its staff and ending VSS Unity flights in just a few months.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 35 executive producers—Russell, Joonas, Kris, SmallSpark Space Systems, Tim Dodd, the Everyday Astronaut, Jan, Chris, David, Warren, Stealth Julian, Craig from SpaceHappyHour.com, Pat from KC, Frank, Donald, Pat, Fred, Dawn Aerospace, Ryan, Steve, Tyler, Brandon, Harrison, Theo and Violet, Will and Lars from Agile Space, Joel, The Astrogators at SEE, Lee, Benjamin, Bob, Matt, and four anonymous—and 821 other supporters.
- Voyager Space and Airbus create commercial space station joint venture - SpaceNews
- ESA to start commercial cargo program - SpaceNews
- Airbus and Voyager sign agreement with ESA on Starlab commercial space station - SpaceNews
- Virgin Galactic lays off staff as it focuses on next-generation suborbital vehicle - SpaceNews
- Virgin Galactic to halt Unity suborbital flights by mid-2024 - SpaceNews
- Virgin Galactic’s president explains how VSS Unity is now flying frequently | Ars Technica
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Follow @firstname.lastname@example.org on Mastodon
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Listen to Off-Nominal
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Artwork photo by NASA
- Work with me and my design and development agency: Pine Works