T+192: iROSA with Matt LaPointe and Andrew Rush
I’m joined by Matt LaPointe, Technical Director at Redwire’s Deployable Space Systems, and Andrew Rush, COO of Redwire, to talk about the newest upgrade to the International Space Station: the Roll-Out Solar Arrays that are currently being deployed over the course of several spacewalks.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 41 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Lauren, Melissa, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Aegis Trade Law, Fred, and seven anonymous—and 617 other supporters.
- Redwire | Heritage + Innovation
- Deployable Space Systems
- ROSA Flight Demonstration Hardware Successfully Deploys On ISS - Deployable Space Systems
- New Solar Arrays to Power NASA’s International Space Station Research | NASA
- Redwire acquires Deployable Space Systems - SpaceNews
- Spacewalkers unfurl first of six new space station solar arrays – Spaceflight Now
- Redwire Space on Twitter: “Check out the new view on @Space_Station! #ICYMI: The first of our iROSA solar arrays was successfully installed on space station at 11:24am ET this morning. At 63 feet long and 20 feet wide, they'll provide a significant power boost 🔋 to the orbiting laboratory! (📸: @NASA)”
- T+131: Andrew Rush, CEO of Made in Space - Main Engine Cut Off
- Andrew Rush (@RushSpace) / Twitter
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by United Launch Alliance