Marcia Smith of SpacePolicyOnline.com joins me for a round up of space policy news, including how the Biden and Nelson administrations are doing so far, things that are being overlooked or sidelined, the Senate’s NASA Authorization bill, NASA’s Human Landing System contract and the battle for funding, the space tourism learning period, and we finish with a quick look at what China and Russia have been up to lately.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 41 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Lauren, Melissa, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Aegis Trade Law, Fred, Hemant, and seven anonymous—and 613 other supporters.
- SpacePolicyOnline.com – Your first stop for news, information and analysis about civil, military and commercial space programs
- Marcia Smith (@SpcPlcyOnline) / Twitter
- Op-ed | NOAA is stalling U.S. space traffic management - SpaceNews
- FAA Introduces New System to Clear Airspace More Quickly Around Launches and Reentries – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Space Force Gets $2 Billion Boost in FY2022 Request – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Biden Budget Retains Goal of Putting Astronauts Back on Moon by 2024 – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Senate Passes NASA Authorization, SSA Legislation as Part of Sweeping China Competition Bill – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- NASA Offers $45M to Solve Risks for Astronaut Moon Landing Services
- Nelson Sees Jobs Bill as Solution to HLS and Other Funding Needs – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- China, Russia Lay Out Joint Plans To Explore the Moon While China Launches First Crew to Tianhe – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Putin Wants Continued Space Cooperation With U.S. – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by NASA