I’ve got a special preview of MECO Headlines for the main feed this week, with news on Orion, NASA’s FY2020 budget, NEOCam’s legacy, Starship, and more.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 39 executive producers—Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, John, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Grant, Mike, David, Mints, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut, Frank, Rui, Julian, Lars, Tommy, Adam, Sam, and six anonymous—and 272 other supporters.
- Off-Nominal Events: Meetup in DC—Sunday, October 20th!
- NASA Commits to Long-term Artemis Missions with Orion Production | NASA
- Senate appropriators advance bill funding NASA despite uncertainties about Artemis costs - SpaceNews.com
- NASA to develop mission to search for near-Earth asteroids - SpaceNews.com
- Elon Musk on Twitter: “Three Raptors on a Starship”
- Elon Musk on Twitter: “Adding the rear moving fins to Starship Mk1 in Boca Chica, Texas”
- BocaChicaGal photos
- LauncherOne: Shaping Up and Shipping Out | Virgin Orbit
- Soyuz ferries three crew members to space station – Spaceflight Now
- Fresh batteries, experiments on the way to the International Space Station – Spaceflight Now
- Two more satellites launched into China’s Beidou navigation fleet – Spaceflight Now
- Russia launches missile warning satellite – Spaceflight Now
- Keep an eye on upcoming launches with rocketlaunch.live.
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Music by Max Justus