The US Air Force has developed a viable corridor for launching to polar and other high-inclination orbits from Cape Canaveral. I spend some time thinking through who may be interested in using that corridor and what its existence could mean for the newer launch vehicles in development.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 24 executive producers—Kris, Mike, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Jamison, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Jasper, Chris, Warren, Bob, Brian, Russell, John, and five anonymous—and 113 other supporters on Patreon.
- 04 - In The Year of Our Lord Steve Squyres | Off-Nominal
- Ninkasi Brewing - Ground Control 2017
- Air Force: Cape rockets could fly new southern corridor toward poles
- Canaveral’s Polar Express - Main Engine Cut Off
- Polar XS-1 Launches - Main Engine Cut Off
- Email your thoughts and comments to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Support Main Engine Cut Off on Patreon