Tom Marotta of The Spaceport Company joins me to talk about what they’re working on, their vision for the future of spaceflight, spaceport operations, the demonstration they did in May, the FAA and its interaction with private companies, reentry licensing, and a whole host of other topics.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 34 executive producers—Steve, Bob, Stealth Julian, David, Harrison, Lee, Jan, Joonas, Ryan, Theo and Violet, Frank, Chris, Pat, Lars and Will from Agile Space, Kris, Donald, SmallSpark Space Systems, Dawn Aerospace, Matt, Pat from KC, Tyler, Craig from SpaceHappyHour.com, Joel, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut), Fred, Benjamin, The Astrogators at SEE, Russell, Warren, and four anonymous—and 833 other supporters.
- Tom Marotta (@thomasmarotta) / X
- Tom Marotta | LinkedIn
- The Spaceport Company
- The Spaceport Company: Overview | LinkedIn
- The Spaceport Company (@TheSpaceportCo) / X
- The Spaceport Company- Full Length Launch ProRes HQ 4 - YouTube
- The Spaceport Company demonstrates offshore launch operations - SpaceNews
- Cape Congestion: World's busiest spaceport stretched to its limits - SpaceNews
- The Space Review: The spaceport bottleneck
- Chinese Ceres-1 rocket reaches orbit with first sea launch - SpaceNews
- The High Frontier: An Easier Way: Marotta, Tom, Globus, Al: 9781719231749: Amazon.com: Books
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Follow @email@example.com on Mastodon
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Listen to Off-Nominal
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Artwork photo by ISRO
- Work with me and my design and development agency: Pine Works