Commercial space station mania! Blue Origin, Sierra Space, Boeing, and Redwire announced Orbital Reef, while Nanoracks and Lockheed Martin announced Starlab, all in the run up to the expected awards as part of NASA’s Commercial Low-Earth Orbit Destinations program.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 40 executive producers—Brandon, Simon, Lauren, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Aegis Trade Law, Fred, Hemant, Dawn Aerospace, and seven anonymous—and 702 other supporters.
- Nanoracks and Lockheed Martin partner on commercial space station project - SpaceNews
- Blue Origin and Sierra Space announce plans for commercial space station - SpaceNews
- Orbital Reef
- Announcing Orbital Reef - Your Address in Orbit - YouTube
- Blue Origin and Sierra Space Leading Team to Build “Orbital Reef” Business Park in Space – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- T+195: Blue Origin’s Project Jarvis, Suborbital Flights, and Nauka Fallout (with Eric Berger) - Main Engine Cut Off
- Senate Committee Told U.S. Space Leadership Requires Continued Presence in Low Earth Orbit – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Industry Input Sought on Commercial Destinations in LEO | NASA
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by SpaceX