Christian Davenport, reporter at The Washington Post, joins me to talk about the aborted SLS Green Run hot fire, the space policy landscape as we enter a new administration, Axiom’s Ax-1 mission and its crew, and Virgin Orbit’s first successful launch to orbit.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 37 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Lauren, Melissa, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Matt, Space Exploration Engineering, and seven anonymous—and 473 other supporters.
- Christian Davenport (@wapodavenport) / Twitter
- Christian Davenport - The Washington Post
- The Space Barons: Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and the Quest to Colonize the Cosmos - Bookshop.org
- The Space Barons: Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and the Quest to Colonize the Cosmos - Amazon
- Officials had doubts about likely success of NASA SLS test, briefing notes show - The Washington Post
- Trump pushed NASA to land astronauts on the moon by 2024. It’s not going to happen. - The Washington Post
- Meet the private citizens who'll pay $55 million each to fly to the International Space Station - The Washington Post
- Episode 32 - Well Within the Kill Zone | Off-Nominal
- Richard Branson's Virgin Orbit rocket reaches space - The Washington Post
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus