Northrop Grumman was awarded $187 million for the Gateway Habitat design, which caps off NASA’s 2020 budget work for Artemis components. Additionally, Kathy Lueders was named head of human spaceflight at NASA, which is huge and fantastic news. We take a look at the Artemis program’s acquisitions so far and the road ahead under Lueders’ leadership.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 38 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, John, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Adam, and seven anonymous—and 377 other supporters.
- Let’s Make Space Better. | Off-Nominal
- Origins: Jim Bridenstine | Off-Nominal
- WeMartians Podcast
- NASA to sole source Gateway habitation module to Northrop Grumman - SpaceNews.com
- NASA Awards Northrop Grumman Artemis Contract for Gateway Crew Cabin | NASA
- NASA selects Maxar to build first Gateway element - SpaceNews.com
- First Two Gateway Elements to Launch Together - Main Engine Cut Off
- Kathy Lueders Selected to Lead NASA’s Human Spaceflight Office | NASA
- Episode T+158: Doug Loverro Resigns, and a Bit About the Artemis Accords - Main Engine Cut Off
- Episode T+159: SpaceX Demo-2 Carries Crew to ISS - Main Engine Cut Off
- NASA Selects Blue Origin, Dynetics, SpaceX for Artemis Human Landers
- NASA Awards Artemis Contract for Gateway Logistics Services | NASA
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus