Tim Dodd, the Everyday Astronaut, joins me to talk all about SpaceX’s Starship, its history thus far, it’s nearly-impossible-to-keep-up-with development in the open, and what we may see in the coming months. We make some timeline predictions, talk about the predicament of Boca Chica, and both randomly stumble into completely unsupported theories.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 37 executive producers—Brandon, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, John, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, Mike, David, Mints, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut, Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Adam, and six anonymous—and 345 other supporters.
- Everyday Astronaut
- Everyday Astronaut (@Erdayastronaut) / Twitter
- Everyday Astronaut - YouTube
- Starship | SpaceX
- Starship Development Thread - r/spacex
- A conversation with Elon Musk about Starship - YouTube
- Is SpaceX's Raptor engine the king of rocket engines? - YouTube
- Are Aerospikes Better Than Bell Nozzles? - YouTube
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus