Starship finally(?) flew its first test flight! Jake Robins of Off-Nominal joins me to sort through our thoughts on how it went (it was janky), what’s next for Starship, and to try and figure out if SpaceX wasted more steel or time this week.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 36 executive producers—Tyler, Pat from KC, Brad, Theo and Violet, Matt, Fred, Robb, Simon, Dawn Aerospace, SmallSpark Space Systems, Moritz, Donald, Frank, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut), Kris, Harrison, Chris, Joel, Jan, Russell, Pat, Benjamin, David, Lee, Bob, Joonas, Lars from Agile Space, Stealth Julian, Steve, The Astrogators at SEE, Warren, Ryan—and 843 other supporters.
- Jake Robins (@JakeOnOrbit) / Twitter
- Starship Flight Test - YouTube
- SpaceX on Twitter: “Liftoff from Starbase”
- Starship lifts off on first integrated test flight, breaks apart minutes later - SpaceNews
- Off-Nominal - YouTube
- Episode 104 - Ricky Bobby Goes to the Moon (Live from Space Symposium 2023) - Off-Nominal
- Episode 95 - Horsesh - Off-Nominal
- Episode 89 - The Final Year - Off-Nominal
- Episode 88 - But, Nonetheless - Off-Nominal
- Episode 76 - Walter Cronkite was Faking It - Off-Nominal
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Follow @firstname.lastname@example.org on Mastodon
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by John Kraus for Relativity