The White House has finally submitted its fiscal year 2023 budget request, which has big implications for NASA’s Commercial LEO program, and their newest announcement, the upcoming Sustaining Lunar Development contract to support the Artemis program’s lunar landings through the 2020s.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 40 executive producers—Simon, Lauren, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, Aegis Trade Law, Fred, Hemant, Dawn Aerospace, Andrew, and seven anonymous—and 748 other supporters.
- NASA Provides Update to Astronaut Moon Lander Plans Under Artemis | NASA
- NASA Lays Out Revised Approach for Future Human Lunar Landing Systems – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- NASA to support development of second Artemis lunar lander - SpaceNews
- Budget Documents, Strategic Plans and Performance Reports | NASA
- Previous Years' Budget Requests | NASA
- NASA Administrator Statement on President’s FY 2023 Budget Request | NASA
- NASA Asking for Another Steep Increase in FY2023 – SpacePolicyOnline.com
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus
- Artwork photo by NASA Wallops/Patrick Black