Peter Beck, Founder, CEO, and CTO of Rocket Lab, joins me to talk about going public, their new, bigger launch vehicle, Neutron, updates to their Electron and Photon offerings, eating hats, and avoiding eating hats in the future.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 39 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Lauren, Melissa, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Ryan, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Matt, The Astrogators at SEE, Chris, and seven anonymous—and 498 other supporters.
- Peter Beck (@Peter_J_Beck) / Twitter
- Rocket Lab | Frequent and reliable access launch is now a reality | Rocket Lab
- Neutron | Rocket Lab
- Introducing Neutron - YouTube
- Episode T+182: Rocket Lab Neutron, Relativity Terran R - Main Engine Cut Off
- Rocket Lab says SPAC deal will accelerate development of Neutron rocket - SpaceNews
- Rocket Lab Demonstrates New Orbital Maneuvering Capability with Most Complex Kick Stage Mission Yet | Rocket Lab
- Rocket Lab on Twitter: “But the mission's not over then! After customer payloads are deployed, Photon Pathstone will remain in orbit to build flight heritage across the spacecraft’s subsystems ahead of our CAPSTONE mission to the Moon for @NASA later this year.”
- Peter Beck on Twitter: “First Rocket Lab solar panels rolling off the Long Beach production line for Photon missions.”
- Peter Beck on Twitter: “The briefcase – this is what makes Photon a plug and play satellite. Attach this to any Kick Stage and it instantly becomes a Photon satellite. Launching on our next mission later in March.”
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to email@example.com
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus