Caleb Henry of SpaceNews returns to the show to talk about the OneWeb acquisition and related fallout, Starlink antennas, the ongoing C-band drama including the satellite-buying bonanza, and he helps us understand the FCC-GPS-Ligado situation.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 38 executive producers—Brandon, Matthew, Simon, Lauren, Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Nadim, Donald, Lee, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, John, Moritz, Joel, Jan, Grant, David, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut!), Frank, Julian and Lars from Agile Space, Tommy, Adam, and seven anonymous—and 397 other supporters.
- Caleb Henry, SpaceNews
- Caleb Henry (@CHenry_SN) / Twitter
- British government and Bharti Global buy OneWeb, plan $1 billion investment to revive company - SpaceNews
- British military finalizes Skynet-6A contract with Airbus - SpaceNews
- Wyler claims breakthrough in low-cost antenna for OneWeb, other satellite systems - SpaceNews
- New details and images emerge of SpaceX’s Starlink user antennas and planned beta testing - The Verge
- Satellite Bonanza: Ten GEO Satellites Ordered in Prep for C-Band Clearing, More Coming - Main Engine Cut Off
- Intelsat orders four satellites from Maxar, two from Northrop Grumman, for C-band clearing - SpaceNews
- Boeing, Northrop Grumman win SES C-band satellite orders - SpaceNews
- SES files $1.8 billion claim against Intelsat over splitting C-Band Alliance - SpaceNews
- Coalition of GPS user groups joins fight against FCC’s Ligado decision - SpaceNews
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Music by Max Justus