Two top NASA human exploration leaders—Bill Gerstenmaier and Bill Hill—have been ousted from their positions. I break down what this means for NASA and its plans, where things could go from here, and ponder whether these changes really matter.
This episode of Main Engine Cut Off is brought to you by 39 executive producers—Kris, Pat, Matt, Jorge, Brad, Ryan, Jamison, Nadim, Peter, Donald, Lee, Jasper, Chris, Warren, Bob, Russell, John, Moritz, Joel, Jan, David, Grant, Mike, David, Mints, Joonas, Robb, Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut, Frank, Rui, Julian, Lars, Tommy, and six anonymous—and 244 other supporters.
- NASA administrator on recent personnel shakeup: ‘There’s no turmoil at all’ - The Verge
- Contractors continue to win award fees despite SLS and Orion delays - SpaceNews.com
- Artemis cost estimate won’t be ready until 2020 - SpaceNews.com
- Sirangelo leaves NASA after exploration reorganization scrapped - SpaceNews.com
- Main Engine Cut Off Shop — Apollo National Park
- Email your thoughts, comments, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @WeHaveMECO
- Listen to MECO Headlines
- Join the Off-Nominal Discord
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the Main Engine Cut Off Newsletter
- Buy shirts and Rocket Socks from the Main Engine Cut Off Shop
- Like the show? Support the show!
- Music by Max Justus